Wellness and Discount Programs
As a CalPERS Blue Shield member, you’ll receive access to health and wellness resources and extra services and support that help make it easier to manage your family’s health.
Diet and Exercise24 Hour Fitness
Waived/discounted fees make it easier to get in shape and stay healthy.
- Waived enrollment, processing, and initiation fees
- Discounted monthly dues – as low as $24.99 a month
Get fit and save a bundle.
- 60% discount on enrollment when joining with a month-to-month agreement
- $0 enrollment fee when joining with a 12-month agreement (there is a one-time $25 processing fee when you enroll)
- Two complimentary personal training sessions for each new member (a $150 value)
- Three hours of complimentary childcare with a family membership
Save while you lose those extra pounds and keep them off.
- Online savings – Special rates on three- and 12-month subscriptions
- Monthly pass – Special rates for unlimited local meetings each month, plus free eTools
- At-home kits – Special member pricing of $124.90 for each kit
Health and WellnessAlternative Care Discount Program
Relax and save on alternative healthcare services from participating American Specialty Health Networks' practitioners.
- Acupuncture services – 25% off usual and customary fees
- Chiropractic services – 25% off usual and customary fees
- Massage therapy – 25% off usual and customary fees
- Health and wellness products – Discounts on vitamins, herbal supplements, fitness equipment, and more; free shipping on most items
Discount Vision ProgramsDiscount Provider Network3
All Blue Shield members can save 20% on the following services and materials at participating providers whether or not you have vision care benefits through Blue Shield. Access participating providers on the Find a Provider page at blueshieldca.com/fap.
- Routine eye exams
- Frames and lenses (including photochromic)
- Tints and coatings
- Extra pair of glasses
- Non-prescription sunglasses
- Hard contact lenses
MESVisionOptics.com features competitive prices on many contact lens brands4 as well as a selection of sunglasses, reading glasses, and eye care accessories.
- Anyone can order discounted contact lenses, sunglasses, readers, and accessories. Blue Shield vision plan members can apply their eligible benefits to reduce their out-of-pocket cost for contact lenses.
- MESVision Optics stocks all major brands and types of contact lenses at a reduced price from other online retail sellers.
- Every lens is shipped in safe, sealed containers and is guaranteed to be the exact lens prescribed by your doctor.
- Free shipping is available for all orders over $50.00.
- Visit www.MESVisionOptics.com.
Save on LASIK surgery at more than 45 surgery centers in California.
- Members in California saved an average of $1,200 per LASIK surgery and over $800 on procedures such as Custom Bladeless (all-laser) LASIK in 2012.
- Services include pre-screening, a pre-operative exam, and post-operative visits.
- Call (877) 437-6110 to find out if you are a potential candidate for this life-changing procedure today or visit our website at www.qualsight.com/-lasikca.
As a Blue Shield of California member, you are entitled to a 15% discount from NVISION Laser Eye Centers.
- NVISION Laser Eye Centers has some of the most experienced surgeons in the world, with offices in Southern California and Sacramento.
- Use your flexible spending account or ask about affordable financing options.
- Call NVISION at (877) 91 NVISION, or (877) 916-8474, or go online to www.NVISIONcenters.com to find a provider or learn more about whether LASIK is right for you.