Mail Service Prescriptions
Filling your prescription through a mail service pharmacy
Blue Shield provides delivery of covered maintenance drugs* through a prescription mail service, CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy. CVS Caremark offers you the convenience of receiving an extended supply of 90 or 100 days, depending on your plan, and delivers prescriptions to your home or office, with no shipping charge.
*Maintenance drugs are those prescribed to treat a chronic or long-term medical condition such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol, and are taken on an ongoing, regular basis to maintain health.
CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy – English Commercial flyer (PDF, 54 KB)
CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy – Spanish Commercial flyer (PDF, 55 KB)
CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy – English Medicare flyer (PDF, 184 KB)
CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy – Spanish Medicare flyer (PDF, 147 KB)
Ways to access your mail service pharmacy
- Log in to your Blue Shield of California member account to set up a mail service account.
- Send your prescription to CVS Caremark. Your doctor can send eligible prescriptions electronically.
- Refill your prescriptions through your mail service account. You can also enroll in CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy's automatic refill program.
- Call (866) 346-7200 (TTY:711) to set up an account.
- Send your prescription to CVS Caremark. Your doctor can send eligible prescriptions electronically, by phone at (800) 378-5697 or via fax at (800) 378-0323
- Call (866) 346-7200 (TTY: 711) to refill your prescriptions. You can also request enrollment in CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy's automatic refill program.
Please keep in mind that there is a longer turnaround time when you submit your prescriptions by mail.
- To set up an account, complete and mail the mail service order form.
- Send your prescription to CVS Caremark. If you already have a written prescription from your doctor for an extended-day supply, you can mail it, your applicable mail service copayment, a copy of your Blue Shield member ID card, and your mail service order form.
- Use the CVS Caremark refill order form included in your last medication shipment to refill your prescriptions. Mail the form, along with payment, to:
P.O. BOX 659541
San Antonio, TX 78265-9541
- CVS requires a credit card on file when enrolling in mail service with CVS Caremark.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Page last updated: 10/01/2023
© Blue Shield of California 1999-2023. All rights reserved. Blue Shield of California is an independent member of the Blue Shield Association.
This information is not a complete description of benefits.
The formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
The company complies with applicable state laws and federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic group identification, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, religion, sex, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, mental disability, or physical disability. La compañía cumple con las leyes de derechos civiles federales y estatales aplicables, y no discrimina, ni excluye ni trata de manera diferente a las personas por su raza, color, país de origen, identificación con determinado grupo étnico, condición médica, información genética, ascendencia, religión, sexo, estado civil, género, identidad de género, orientación sexual, edad, ni discapacidad física ni mental. 本公司遵守適用的州法律和聯邦民權法律，並且不會以種族、膚色、原國籍、族群認同、醫療狀況、遺傳資訊、血統、宗教、性別、婚姻狀況、性別認同、性取向、年齡、精神殘疾或身體殘疾而進行歧視、排斥或區別對待他人
Blue Shield of California 601 12th Street, Oakland, CA 94607.