Enroll in a Plan
Joining Blue Shield is easy. Just follow these three steps.
1. Enroll. Submit a health plan enrollment form (HBD-12) to your employer. You can get the form and instructions directly from the CalPERS website.
2. Select a Personal Physician or Primary Care Physician.1
- To select a NetValue HMO or Access+ HMO Personal Physician use one of these methods:
- Search for a Personal Physician online using our Find a Provider tool. Once you've identified a physician, go to the My Health Plan section of blueshieldca.com to make your selection.
- Call Member Services at (800) 334-5847 for help in finding or switching your physician.
- To select a Blue Shield 65 Plus HMO Primary Care Physician use one of these methods:
- Search for a Primary Care Physician online using our Find a Provider tool. Once you've identified a physician, enter the physician name and number on your enrollment form.
- Request a Blue Shield 65 Plus provider directory. Then call the Blue Shield 65 Plus Member Services with your selection at (800) 776-4466 [TTY: (800) 794-1099], seven days a week, 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
3. Register on blueshieldca.com using your Subscriber ID Number, which can be found on your Blue Shield Member ID Card. Blueshieldca.com is your 24/7 resource for health and benefit information. As a registered member, you can access information and tools to assist you in making important decisions about your healthcare.