Community-based organizations and COVID-19 resource groups
Below is a list of community-based organizations and resource groups working to address the COVID-19 pandemic on a both national and local levels. Some are working directly in specific areas of California. These organizations might be able to help you get a COVID-19 vaccine. Others offer broader education and support during the pandemic. Many websites are translated in languages other than English.
Asian & Pacific Islander resources
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Asian Pacific Islander Forward Movement
- Asian Pacific Policy and Planning Council
- MedlinePlus | Asian American Health
- National Council of Asian Pacific Islander Physicians
- Pacific Islander COVID-19 Response Team
- Southeast Asian American COVID Community Hub
- Southern California Pacific Islander COVID-19 Response Team
Black/African American resources
- American Medical Association
- Bishop Kenneth Ulmer | Keeping our Communities Safe & Healthy
- Black Coalition Against Covid – Fight COVID-19
- BlackDoctor.org | COVID-19 Resource Center
- COVID-19 Black: COVID-19 resources for the Black community
- Greater Than COVID | The Conversation – Between Us, About Us
- Hello Black America!
- L.A. Focus: Health
- L.A. Sentinel: COVID-19
- L.A. Wave: Coronavirus Digest
- National Medical Association
- T.D. Jakes | Conversations with America: Unpacking the COVID-19 Vaccine
- City Heights’ La Maestra Health Clinic Adapts During COVID-19 Pandemic | KPBS
- Clínica Romero holds first COVID vaccination clinic in Boyle Heights - Boyle Heights Beat
- Clinicas del Camino Real
- Guía de Recursos sobre COVID-19 para Inmigrantes en California
- Latino Coalition for a Healthy CA
- Latino Health Access
- Latinx Physicians of California
- National Alliance for Hispanic Health.
- Salud America!
- Telemundo | Planifica Tu Vacuna
- Unidos US | Covid-19 Vaccine and Clinical Trial FAQs
- Univision | Vaccine Finder
- Visión y Compromiso COVID-19 Resources
Indigenous peoples of America resources
- Center for American Indian Health | Resource LibraryIndian Health Service
- National Indian Health Board (NIHB)
- National Institute of Health Tribal Health Research Office
- Native News Online – Health
- Office of Native American Programs (ONAP)
Senior/Older Adult resources
What we know about long-term COVID-19 right now
Here’s what scientists have learned so far about the most common lingering effects and how to manage them.
Removing barriers to getting a COVID-19 vaccine
We are working hard with the state to make the vaccines available to everyone.
Why older adults shouldn’t wait to get a COVID-19 vaccine
Getting vaccinated will help protect you from getting the virus.
Addressing COVID-19 concerns in Pacific Islander communities
We answer common questions those in Pacific Islander communities may have.
Addressing COVID-19 vaccine concerns in Indigenous peoples of America communities
We answer common questions those in Indigenous peoples of America communities may have.
Your simple guide to COVID-19 testing
Discover the differences between the two types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and learn which one may be best for you.
Your 5-step plan to stay safe with diabetes
Now’s the time to double down on good blood sugar control. But that’s not your only safety measure.
6 groups of people who are at higher risk for COVID-19
If you’re an older adult or have underlying conditions, it’s hard not to worry about COVID-19. But knowing the details can help you stay healthy.
Addressing COVID-19 vaccine concerns in Asian communities
We answer common questions those in Asian communities may have.
Addressing COVID-19 vaccine concerns in Black communities
We answer common questions those in Black communities may have.
Addressing COVID-19 vaccine concerns in Hispanic/Latino communities
We answer common questions those in Hispanic/Latino communities may have.
What you need to know about COVID-19 vaccines for teens
Some teens 16 and up are eligible to get the vaccine now.
What to know if you have an ongoing health condition
The vaccines are highly recommended for people with chronic illnesses.
The high-risk people who need the COVID-19 vaccine most
If you’re living with lung disease, hypertension, or diabetes, getting the coronavirus shot is especially important.
Everything you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccines available now
Learn how the three approved shots stack up and find out why all of them can help keep you safe.
Get to know your treatment options for COVID-19
Learn about the latest treatments available for adults and children with mild, moderate, or severe COVID-19.
A parent’s guide to the COVID-19 vaccine
What you need to know to help protect your child from COVID-19.
What everyone with diabetes should know about the COVID-19 vaccines
How long will you wait for a shot? What are the side effects like? Here’s the essential info you need.
Heart disease and COVID-19: Your 5-step plan to help you stay healthy
Now that the coronavirus has your attention, here’s how to help protect yourself.