Medi-Cal benefits may include:
- Primary care doctor, wellness, and specialist visits
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Hospital and emergency services
- Family planning, maternity and newborn care
- Laboratory services
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Disease and condition management
- Routine eye exams
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses
Dental benefits are available to Medi-Cal members who qualify through Denti-Cal. Denti-Cal is provided by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). To learn more about Denti-Cal’s coverage please visit their website or call them at (800) 322-6384 [TTY: 711].
California Children’s Services (CCS)
CCS is a State program for children up to 21 years old with certain diseases or health problems. To learn more about CCS, visit the DHCS website
Learn how Blue Shield Promise can support CCS members when they approach age 21.
CCS Age Out and Transition Overview recorded presentation (13 min)
CCS Age Out and Transition Overview (PDF, 385 KB)
Long-term services and support
- Community-Based Adult Services (CBAS)
- Long-Term Care (LTC)
Enhanced Care Management (ECM) and Community Supports (CS)
Blue Shield Promise offers Enhanced Care Management (ECM) and Community Supports (CS) for Medi-Cal members with complex health needs or social challenges that make it difficult to improve their health.
Enhanced Care Management (ECM) and Community Supports (CS) Information Sheet
- Emergency transportation
- Non-emergency medical transportation
- Non-medical transportation
For detailed information about benefits, review the Blue Shield Promise Medi-Cal Evidence of Coverage (EOC), also known as the Member Handbook.