Explore the additional benefits for Plan F Extra such as the hearing aid benefit, Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) and Vision benefit. All the wellness programs and discounts, including the SilverSneakers Fitness program are available to all Medicare Supplement plan members.
Plan F Extra additional benefits
Hearing aid benefits
We provide access to a hearing aid benefit, serviced by EPIC Hearing Healthcare (EPIC®). This benefit includes an annual routine hearing test and coverage for Vista brand mid-level and premium-level hearing aids.
In addition to the covered Vista hearing aids, members have access to other name-brand hearing aids at preferred pricing.
Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
Blue Shield now offers a medical alert monitoring system that provides access to help 24/7, at the push of a button. This benefit is available to eligible members enrolled in Plan F Extra at no additional cost.
Blue Shield now offers vision benefits including coverage for exams, frames, eyeglass or contact lenses provided by Medical Eye Services, Inc. (MESVision). These benefits offer a network of providers in retail optical centers. There is a limited network of MES Participating Providers outside of California. You can lower your costs by choosing network providers for covered services.
Extra programs and discounts for all Medicare Supplement members1
Support your health efforts with tools for overall wellness — by phone, online and in-person. Plus, score some great discounts!
SilverSneakers Fitness program
SilverSneakers® your fitness benefit at no extra cost, can help you improve your life so you can continue to do the things you love. SilverSneakers gives you access to:
- trained instructors
- classes for all levels, designed to improve energy levels, strength, balance, flexibility and endurance*
- 16,000+ participating locations nationwide**
- SilverSneakers On-DemandTM workout videos plus fitness and nutrition tips
- the SilverSneakers GOTM app with adjustable workouts, location finder and more
Simply show your SilverSneakers ID number or card at any participating location to get started. Friendly staff will welcome you, give you a tour and answer your questions.
* Membership includes SilverSneakers instructor-led group fitness classes. Some locations offer members additional classes. Classes vary by location.
** Participating locations ("PL") are not owned or operated by Tivity Health, Inc. or its affiliates. Use of PL facilities and amenities is limited to terms and conditions of PL basic membership. Facilities and amenities vary by PL.
Have a medical concern and not sure what to do? Members can call NurseHelp 24/7SM to talk to a nurse anytime, day or night.
Eye care accessories discounts
Receive a 20% discount on frames and lenses.
Hearing aid services
As a Blue Shield member, you are eligible for hearing aid services purchased from our contracted provider (EPIC Hearing Healthcare, and under the Amplify Plus program). This includes:
- $0 charge for hearing aid evaluation
- Discount on hearing aids, which come with warranties, batteries and service
ID protection and credit monitoring at no charge
Blue Shield of California offers our eligible Plan F members identity protection services, including Identity Repair and Credit Monitoring, at no cost.
Alternative care discount program
Relax and save 25% off on healthcare services from practitioners participating with the ChooseHealthy® program:
- Acupuncture services.
- Chiropractic services.
- Therapeutic Massage services.
- Health and wellness products.
- Get discounts up to 57% on popular products from health and fitness vendors.
- Learn from evidence-based, online health classes and articles offered at no cost.
Programs are administered by or arranged through the following independent companies:
- Alternative Care Discount Program - services are provided by the ChooseHealthy program is made available through ChooseHealthy, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH)
- Discount Vision Program - MESVisionOptics.com
- LASIK and PRK - QualSight LASIK, NVISION Laser Eye Centers
- SilverSneakers - Tivity Health
- EPIC Hearing Healthcare is an independent entity that administrates services on behalf of Blue Shield of California.
- LifeStation is an independent entity that administrates services on behalf of Blue Shield of California.
- Blue Shield’s vision benefits are administered by Medical Eye Services, Inc. (MESVision®). MESVision® is a vision care services plan licensed by the California Department of Managed Health Care, which contracts with Blue Shield to administer delivery of eyewear and eye exams covered under this vision benefit. MESVision® also contracts with Blue Shield to serve as a claims administrator for the processing of claims for covered services received from MES Non-Participating Providers.
- NurseHelp 24/7 is a service of Blue Shield of California.