Blue Shield Promise Cal MediConnect Plan wants to make sure you get high quality care and services. We have created a Quality Improvement Program (QIP) designed to monitor and evaluate the quality, appropriateness, and outcomes of care our members receive. Our QIP also helps us to identify opportunities to or improve the care and services to both our members and providers.
These measures include:
- Studies to ensure that appointments are available
- Studies to ensure that after-hours services are available
- Studies to measure how long patients wait in the office for an appointment
- Facility site reviews. This includes looking at access for disabled people
- Making sure that the network of doctors in your area fits your needs
- Patient satisfaction surveys
- Doctor satisfaction surveys
- Studies to ensure access to preventive care and care for conditions such as diabetes or asthma
- Studies to ensure appropriate care coordination
You can download our Access to Care Standards, English (PDF, 61 KB) for more details on our guidelines. You can request a copy of the Quality Improvement Executive Summary by calling Provider Services at 1-877-472-4332.
QI annual evaluations/ program goals
Read the executive summaries of several of our QIPs.
- Cal MediConnect Quality Improvement Executive Summary, English (PDF, 92 KB)
- Cal MediConnect Quality Improvement Executive Summary, Spanish (PDF, 87 KB)
Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan encourages appropriate use of benefits and services and discourages underuse of them. Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan does not reward staff or doctors for keeping members from getting care.