There are many times when placing a call to another organization will provide you with a quicker resolution.
Dental and Vision
For information about a Blue Shield dental or vision benefit, follow these steps:
- For dental plan questions, please call our dental plan administrator at (800) 585-8111. If you're outside of California, please call (800) 323-7201.
- For vision plan questions, please call our vision plan administrator at (877) 601-9083.
For the status of mail-order prescriptions, please call PrimeMail first at (866) 346-7200 or log in at www.MyPrimeMail.com for more information.
Coverage through your employer
If you have group Blue Shield coverage through your employer or another organization, you should go through your group's health plan administrator to change your plan, change your address, change your name or request an Evidence of Coverage (EOC) or a Certificate of Insurance (COI).
If you need another copy of your EOC or COI:
- Go to your Plan Summary page and download a copy or request that a copy be mailed to you (not available to all members).
- Contact your Human Resource department for a copy if you have health care through your employer.
- Call the Member Services number on your Blue Shield ID card and request that a copy be mailed to you.
If you have questions about COBRA coverage, please start by contacting your employer.