Employer Connection Wildfire Resources
Guidance for employers and members
Wildfires threaten our state annually, impacting businesses and communities. When the fires spread, some communities are affected for the first time while others are all too familiar with these dangers. As an employer of almost 7,000 Californians, we understand impacted communities require unique resources and adapted coverage.
We know how quickly situations can change in an emergency, so we’ve made our support and resources available here in anticipation for when employees need them most.
• Immediate assistance will be available on our customer support line at (800) 393-6130 (TTY: 711).
• For virtual care, employees can visit http://blueshieldca.com/teladoc or download the Blue Shield of California app on
their smart phones for coverage and more information.
• Immediate refill of prescriptions will be allowed in mandatory evacuation zones.
• Magellan Health, Blue Shield’s contracted managed care plan for behavioral health services, is providing free access
to resources, materials, and counseling services at (800) 327-7451
• Vision Care plan members in affected areas can get replacement glasses and can use non-network providers as needed
with claims paid at network costs. For Vision support call (877) 601-9083.
• Displaced members may see an appropriate out-of-network provider at in-network benefit levels and may replace medical
equipment and supplies, if needed.
• Misplaced identification cards can be printed at blueshieldca.com, and members can access their ID cards digitally on our app.
Cloth masks, such as ones used during COVID-19’s restrictions, will not protect from smoke inhalation but N95 masks can be helpful for short periods of time. However, no mask will fully protect against prolonged smoke exposure. To reduce the risk of smoke inhalation, its best to stay inside if its smoky outside.
Receive additional updates on plan information and services delivered to your mailbox by subscribing here.