What's new for Small Businesses – Q2 2022
1-100 employees – Effective April 1, 2022
What's new for you
Our Small Business online renewal sites got a face lift
You may have noticed that our renewal sites for small business groups have a new look and feel, making it easier for you and your employees to renew your health coverage! We’ve added a new feature that allows you to download renewal PDF kit, along with a new specialty page.
Medical plan updates
- Bronze PPO 5500/65 and Bronze 6500/70
Our new bronze plans feature competitive pricing with lower medical and pharmacy deductibles. These plans include first-dollar coverage for primary care, specialist, and mental health office visits, which means members enrolled in these plans get immediate access to these benefits.
- Silver HMO 2750/65
This plan provides a great lower cost option with the richness that a silver plan offers. Benefits includes flat copays for office visits, tier 1, and tier 2 prescription drugs that are not subject to the deductible.
- Bronze 7000/70 Trio HMO
With all professional services available prior to deductibles, integrated Pharmacy deductibles, flat copays, and chiropractic services included, this plan offers richer benefits at a lower cost.
- Compare multiple plans across multiple years to see changes and updates to our plans.
- Compare premium rates across all of our available plans for 2022.
- Use the network comparison tool to see current and future providers in our network.
For exact terms and conditions of coverage for all 2022 plan offerings, refer to the Evidence of Coverage and the plan contract or contact your Blue Shield sales representative.
Programs that will benefit you and your employees
- Continuous care
- High-risk management
- Inclusive care
- Measurable results
- Referrals and coordination
- Personal counseling
- Work/life productivity
- Workplace support services
- Identity theft assistance
Round out your coverage with dental plans, vision plans, and life insurance* plans
- Get a 10% discount on any dental and/or vision coverage premiums when they are added to your current medical coverage.
- All specialty plans can be purchased with or without a Blue Shield medical package.
- Implants included in all silver, gold, platinum, and diamond plans
- Rollover rewards are included in all bronze, silver, and gold plans
- On vision plans with frame allowance of $120 or lower.
- On vision materials only plan with $120 frame allowance.
- For new groups in 2022 and renewing groups in 2022.
- On vision plans with contact lens benefit.
- On vision plans with frame allowance of $150.
- For new groups in 2022 and renewing groups in 2022.
- Basic Vision Plus 0/0/150/150
- Basic Vision Plus 10/25/150/150
- Preferred Vision Plus 0/0/150/150
- Preferred Vision Plus 10/25/150/150
- Ultimate Vision Plus 0/0/150/150
- Ultimate Vision Plus 10/25/150/150
Important pharmacy update: copay card program
Certain specialty drugs have copay card programs offered by drug manufacturers to help members lower their out-of-pocket costs. These programs are voluntary and may also be referred to as copay coupons, copay assistance, or copay savings programs.
The terms and conditions of copay card programs are set by the manufacturer, and members enroll in these programs directly with the manufacturer. When a member uses a copay card, the drug manufacturer pays part or all of the member’s copay or coinsurance, thus lowering the amount the member pays out of pocket.
While copay card programs are not offered with all specialty drugs, many of the drugs used to treat multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, anemia, and other chronic conditions have copay card programs available.
Currently, the portion of the member’s copay or coinsurance paid for by the manufacturer’s copay card is applied toward the member’s deductible, and out-of-pocket maximum.
Starting January 1, 2022 for Small Business, only the amount members actually pay for their prescriptions (i.e., true out-of-pocket costs after using a copay card) will be applied toward their deductible and out-of-pocket maximum when using a copay card at CVS Specialty® Pharmacy. The portion of the member’s copay or coinsurance paid for by the manufacturer’s copay card will no longer be applied toward the member’s deductible nor out-of-pocket maximum.
Example: A member’s copay for specialty medication is $250. The member uses a copay card to lower the out-of-pocket cost to $5. Only $5 will apply to the member’s annual deductible and out-of-pocket maximums.
What’s not changing
Members can continue to use copay cards to lower their out-of-pocket costs at CVS Specialty® Pharmacy. This change does not affect copay card programs provided by foundations or financial needs-based copay assistance.
Autopay makes billing easy
Signing up for automatic payments is a great way to save time and effort when it comes to monthly billing. We’ve made it easy for you to sign up for autopay through Employer Connection. As long as there’s zero balance with no payment due, all you need to do is follow these steps to sign up:
- After log-in to the portal hover over the BILLING tab at the top left of the home screen.
- In the drop-down menu. select BILLING OPTIONS.
- Enter your account information (checking or saving) and press the ADD ACCOUNT button.
- Go back to the BILLING tab and from the drop-down select AUTOPAYMENTS.
- Start a new autopayment.
- Select your group number from the drop down, then select your payment account from the second drop down. Hit the SAVE button.
* Underwritten by Blue Shield of California Life & Health Insurance Company.