We considered the sales and renewals cycles during the year and the impact this transition will have on our brokers. To avoid transitioning groups at times when benefits management transactions are highest, migration will occur in waves based on renewal dates:
• January to June renewing groups will start accessing the new tool at the end of July.
• July and August groups, new and renewing will start accessing the new tool in September.
• September to December renewing groups will start accessing the new tool in February 2019.
• All new groups beginning with September 1, 2018 effective dates will start accessing the new tool in 2019.
This schedule is intended for groups and brokers to become familiar with the new features outside of open enrollment periods.
A small number of groups were introduced to the tool last year. With their feedback, and that of their brokers, we have continued to adapt the Benefitfocus product to best serve our small business customers.
Some features and functionality used to manage employees’ benefits will be different from what you have experienced using EC+. However, your access to managing your groups – the site and login information – will remain the same.
|The design and functionality of EC+ after logging in and selecting a group.||How to log in and access your groups (same site, login, password).|
|The processes to manage benefits such as adding a dependent or changing a subscriber’s plan selection.||Capabilities. You will still be able to manage benefits such as adding a dependent or changing a subscriber’s plan selection.|
|Advanced reporting capabilities.||Self-service census reports.|
|Optimized for mobile devices.||View transaction history.|
• Enter new hires, process open enrollment, and manage qualifying event changes.
• Terminate coverage for employees and dependents.
• Change and update employee and dependent demographic information.
• Change employee class or subgroup.
• Generate reports including Employee Detail, Employee Census, Dependent Census, Transaction History, and many more.