A safety net for active lifestyles
Personal emergency response system (PERS) overview
At home or on the go, get emergency help when you need it – with just the push of a button.
To keep you safe and independent, we offer a medical alert monitoring system from LifeStation that provides access to help 24/7 at the push of a button.
LifeStation’s state-of-the-art services keep you connected to your caregiver network through easy-to-use technology and platforms – including exclusive Find My Loved One and Alexa integrations.
An experienced care specialist can then contact emergency services, caregivers, or loved ones – quickly getting you the help you need.
Your PERS benefits – provided by LifeStation – include:
- One personal emergency response system (PERS)
- Choice of an in-home system or mobile device with GPS/WiFi
- Monthly monitoring
- Necessary chargers and cords
PERS availability at no additional cost
This benefit is available at no additional cost to Blue Shield of California members enrolled in the following plans:
- Medicare Supplement Plan F Extra
- Blue Shield Inspire (HMO) in Los Angeles and Orange counties
- Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) in Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara counties
- Blue Shield 65 Plus Choice Plan (HMO) in San Bernardino and Riverside counties
- Blue Shield AdvantageOptimum Plan (HMO) in Los Angeles and Orange counties
- Blue Shield AdvantageOptimum Plan 1 (HMO) in San Diego County
- Blue Shield TotalDual Plan (HMO D-SNP) in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties
- Blue Shield Coordinated Choice Plan (HMO) in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego, Fresno, Santa Clara, Merced, San Joaquin, and Stanislaus counties
- Blue Shield Inspire Plan (HMO D-SNP) in Fresno, San Joaquin, and Stanislaus counties
Choose the monitoring style that works for you
|In-home landline||In-home cellular||Mobile with GPS|
|Works with your home telephone service to get you help||Works without a traditional landline||Access to help when you're home or away and helps identify your location|
Get started with PERS