Filling your prescription through a mail service pharmacy
Blue Shield provides delivery of covered maintenance drugs* through a prescription mail service, CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy. CVS Caremark offers you the convenience of receiving an extended supply of 90 or 100 days, depending on your plan, and delivers prescriptions to your home or office, with no shipping charge.
*Maintenance drugs are those prescribed to treat a chronic or long-term medical condition such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol, and are taken on an ongoing, regular basis to maintain health.
Ways to access your mail service pharmacy
- Log in to your Blue Shield of California member account to set up a mail service account.
- Send your prescription to CVS Caremark. Your doctor can send eligible prescriptions electronically.
- Refill your prescriptions through your mail service account. You can also enroll in CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy's automatic refill program.
- Set up an account by calling (866) 346-7200 [TTY: 711].
- Send your prescription to CVS Caremark. Your doctor can send eligible prescriptions electronically, by phone at (800) 378-5697 or via fax at (800) 378-0323.
- Call (866) 346-7200 [TTY: 711] to refill your prescriptions. You can also request enrollment in CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy's automatic refill program.
Please keep in mind that there is a longer turnaround time when you submit your prescriptions by mail.
- To set up an account, complete the mail service order form and return it by mail
- Send your prescription to CVS Caremark. If you already have a written prescription from your doctor for an extended day supply, you can mail it, your applicable mail service copayment, a copy of your Blue Shield member ID card, and your mail service order form.
- Use the CVS Caremark refill order form included in your last medication shipment to refill your prescriptions. Mail the form, along with payment, to:
P.O. BOX 659541
San Antonio, TX 78265-9541