California residents currently qualify for a Blue Shield of California health plan through Covered California – and no supporting documentation is needed to enroll. Most people are also eligible to receive financial assistance from the government to help pay their monthly plan premiums.
You may also qualify for a health plan direct from Blue Shield during this Special Enrollment Period if you have recently experienced one of the following life events:
Loss of coverage
- Loss of your employer health coverage due to job loss
- COBRA coverage ended
- Loss of Medi-Cal or Medicaid
- Employer coverage changed
Change in residence
- Moved to California
- Moved within California with access to new plans
Family and age changes
- Turning 26 years old and no longer eligible as a dependent on your parent’s health plan
- Getting married
- Separation or divorce
- Birth of a new child or recent adoption
- Death of the person through whom you receive health coverage as a dependent
- A state or federal court orders health coverage for a dependent
- End of military service
- Other exceptional circumstances (validated by Covered California)
Is your life event listed above?
Yes, my life event is listed.
Now that you have determined you are eligible for coverage, let’s see if you also qualify for government financial assistance to help pay your monthly premiums.
No, my life event is not listed.
One of our licensed agents can help you determine if you are eligible for coverage. Call us at (855) 656-0466 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.