Shield Concierge: Enhanced customer service
By enrolling in either Trio HMO or Tandem PPO*, you’ll get access to Shield Concierge – our personalized and coordinated customer care assistant. One simple phone call connects you to a team of health experts who are ready to answer your health-related questions.
Switching made simple
With enhanced customer service, we help take the stress and hassle out of changing health plans. Shield Concierge can help you:
- Transfer medical records and prescriptions
- Find a new doctor or specialist
- Continue receiving care without interruption
- Understand your new benefits
Meet the Shield Concierge team
Once you’ve enrolled in either Trio or Tandem plans, you’ll have access to a team of customer service representatives and certified healthcare experts through Shield Concierge including:
- Registered nurses, who can provide health counseling, education, and support
- Health coaches, who can help you with disease prevention, nutrition, weight management, stress reduction, and management of chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Pharmacy technicians, who can coordinate prescription drugs between doctors and pharmacies and assist with emergency prescription authorizations
- Pharmacists, who can answer questions about medications, including side effects, drug safety, costs, and treatment options
- Social workers, who can assess emotional and psychological well-being and provide crisis intervention, substance abuse, and mental health referrals
*Shield Concierge will be available to new and renewing Tandem PPO members beginning July 1st 2020.
One call for everything you need
Trio and Tandem members, call us at the Shield Concierge number on the back of your member ID card.
Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Individual and Family plan members can also call Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.