Register for webinars designed to support your work with Blue Shield of California and Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan members. Sessions include Q&A with the experts. If you cannot attend a live webinar, view recorded webinars at your convenience on the tools and tutorials pages.
Earn enduring Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits from Scripps Health by viewing recorded webinars. Visit Scripps Health.
Webinars for Blue Shield and Blue Shield Promise providers
Visit this section soon for upcoming webinars.
Webinars for Blue Shield Promise providers
Cal Medi-Connect (CMC) Transition to Dual-Special Needs Plan (D-SNP)
When CMC sunsets at the end of 2022, Blue Shield Promise members will be transferred to D-SNPs. Topics include:
- Member and provider impact of the transition
- CMC benefits changes for 2022
- Q&A session, and more
Who should attend
Clinicians and office staff who provide health care services to Blue Shield Promise CMC members.
Date and time
Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 12 p.m. - 12:45 p.m., Pacific Time Register now
Webinars for Blue Shield providers
How to Submit Authorizations Online with AuthAccel
Providers of any size – even those with more than 2,000 Blue Shield Provider IDs attached to their Tax ID – can now submit and view medical authorizations online in AuthAccel. Attend this webinar to learn how to:
- Submit medical authorizations and view the status of authorizations.
- Submit inquiries to document when Blue Shield does not require an authorization or when the authorization is delegated to another approver.
- Navigate the Document Clinical Questionnaire that presents if your request qualifies for immediate authorization – multiple codes within 60 commercial medical policies can approve in real-time, based on the clinical documentation you provide.
Who should attend
Staff who manage the authorization process in your organization or anyone who submits and/or tracks Blue Shield medical requests.