Added Advantage POS
Our point-of-service (POS) plan combines the convenience and predictable out-of-pocket costs of our HMO with access to our extensive PPO provider network.
Your employees have the option to visit either their HMO Personal Physician or a PPO or non-PPO provider each time they access care. Costs depend on which type of provider they choose:
- Costs are lower when members use their HMO Personal Physician rather than PPO or non-PPO providers.
- Members pay less to see a PPO provider than they pay to see a non-PPO provider.
- For covered services from a non-PPO provider, members pay the plan's calendar-year deductible, the applicable copayment plus any charges that exceed Blue Shield's allowable amount.
Added Advantage POS plan options
- Added Advantage POSSM 300-100/90/70
- Added Advantage POSSM 500-100/80/60
For additional information, contact your broker or Blue Shield representative.