Shield Concierge: Personalized customer care
One of the most powerful features of Blue Shield’s Trio HMO and Tandem PPO plans is Shield Concierge. You can think of it as your personalized, coordinated care customer assistant.
One simple phone call connects you to a team of health experts who are ready to answer your health- and plan-related questions.
You can find the Shield Concierge number on your Blue Shield member ID card. Or you can call the team directly through our app.
Your Shield Concierge team includes:
- Registered nurses, who can provide health counseling, education, and support
- Health coaches, who can help you with disease prevention, nutrition, weight management, stress reduction, and management of chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Pharmacy technicians, who can coordinate prescription drugs between doctors and pharmacies and help with emergency prescription authorizations
- Pharmacists, who can answer questions about medications, including side effects, drug safety, costs, and treatment options
- Social workers, who can assess emotional and psychological well-being and provide crisis intervention, mental health referrals, and more.
We're ready to help you:
Understand your plan
If you're not sure what your plan covers, we can tell you what you can expect. We can help explain your benefits, what’s covered, and more.
Answer questions about your medication or doctor's instructions
We can answer your questions about your prescriptions, vitamins, or supplements. If you're not sure about instructions you received, we can even call the doctor's office with you.
Find a new doctor
If you require a new doctor or specialist, we can help you locate providers that are the best fit for your needs.
Enroll in health and discount programs
Don’t miss out on our Wellvolution® programs to improve your health and wellness discounts that can help you save money.
Receive care without interruption
If you're new to Trio or Tandem and have an existing health condition, we’ll help coordinate your care (for example, if you are pregnant, about to undergo surgery, or currently being treated for a condition.)
Transfer your prescriptions and medical records
If you’ve recently switched plans, we can assist you with transferring your prescriptions and medical records.