WalkadooTM is a get-moving tool for real people with real lives. Do what you already do: walk, run, hike, bike, and more, and Walkadoo will keep track of your activity and your personal goals.
How does Walkadoo work?
Each day, you’ll receive an email or text with your personal step goal. Visit Walkadoo from your smartphone or computer to check your progress. Walkadoo is designed for every walk of life featuring manageable daily step goals, a supportive online community, fun game features, and derbies for competing with friends. And starting on February 13, County of Orange employees have the chance to earn from $10 per week up to $100 per week for participating.
What do I need?
All you need is one of the wireless devices compatible with Walkadoo: Fitbit Zip, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Force, Fitbit One, or FitLinxx Pebble. Simply link your device to Walkadoo and then wear it wherever you go. Walkadoo will keep track of your activity
If you do not have a wireless device, you can also participate in the Walkadoo by using the free Moves app for Android and iPhone. To download the app go to Google Play or the iTunes AppStore on your smartphone. Then, follow the steps below to setup the app and connect to Walkadoo.
Between February 13 and March 26, County of Orange employees have the chance to earn from $10 to $100 in weekly drawings!
Here’s how to get started:
- Register and setup your wireless device. If you have a Fitbit Zip, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Force, Fitbit One, Fitbit Zip, you must first register at fitbit.com. FitLinxx Pebble users will need to register by going to mywellvolution.com. To download the Moves app for Android and iPhone go to Google Play or the iTunes AppStore. For detailed instructions on how to set up the Moves app, click here.
- Sign up for Walkadoo at mywellvolution.com.
- Once registered, select “Walkadoo” and follow the steps to setup the program and link your wireless device or Moves app.
- Wear your device or use the Moves app to track your activity and meet your daily personal step goal.
- If you meet your personal daily step goal every day for a week, you’ll earn 500 points for that week.
- Every week you earn 500 points, you’ll be entered into a weekly drawing for a 1-in-99 chance of winning $100 or a 1-in-5 chance of winning $10.
Your personal step goals are based on your own individual walking history.
Walkadoo looks at your last nine days of steps and uses an algorithm to choose a goal for you that sits between your highest and lowest step count during that period.
If you have a few higher step count day in your 9-day history, you may find your step goals are a bit higher, but if you have a few lower days you step count will also come back down.
If your goal is toward the higher end of your own personal 9-day spectrum the points for reaching your goal are higher, if the goal is lower your points are lower as well.
There is no setting in Walkadoo to adjust your step goals higher or lower, the site simply adjusts to reflect your own activity level – challenging you to get more active without pushing you to do more than you’ve shown you can do before.
Drawings occur every Friday, starting on February 20 and ending on March 27. For a chance to win, you must have completed your daily step goals for the week by 5:59 p.m., PT on the Friday before the drawing.
For the weekly drawings, you’ll be given a 2-digit personal number; you can change your personal number or keep the one given to you. Each drawing a number between 00 and 99 is randomly selected. If you complete your daily step goal every day before the Friday drawing, you’ll win $10 if your personal number has a one-number match with the random number. If your personal number exactly matches the random number, you’ll win $100!
For example, here are three winning scenarios, if your personal number is 42:
- If 42 is randomly selected, then you win $100 because your personal number is an exact match.
- If 52 is randomly selected, then you win $10 because your personal number has a one-number match – the "2" in “52” is in the same position of the “2” in your personal number “42.” (However, if the random number drawn was 25, you would not win because the “2” in the “25” is not in the same position of the “2” in your personal number “42.”
- If 43 is randomly selected, then you win $10 because your personal number has a one-number match – the "4" in “43” is in the same position as the “4” in your personal number “42.” (However, if the random number drawn was 34, you would not win because the “4” in “34” is not in the same position of the “4” in your personal number “42.”)
Choose your own personal number
Starting on February 13th, you can change your personal number at any time, except on a drawing day, by going to the VAL Health Rewards website or the VAL Health mobile app for iPhone or Android. You must choose a number between 00 and 99
How to get your rewards
You’ll receive your rewards on a prepaid MasterCard within three weeks of the end of the program.
Walkadoo is a registered trademark of MeYouHealth. MeYouHealth is a wholly owned subsidiary of Healthways, Inc. Blue Shield of California and the Shield symbol are registered marks of the BlueCross BlueShield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.