With our dental HMO plan, you’ll have access to quality dental coverage at more than 10,000 general dentist locations and nearly 6,000 specialty dentist locations. The dentist selected will provide and coordinate your family's dental care.
Dental Health Insurance Plan Benefits
- A wide range of dental benefits, including most diagnostic and preventive services at no charge to you
- Fixed copayments for basic and major services
- No waiting period for most services (Note: there is a 12-month waiting period for orthodontic services)
- Orthodontic benefits for children and adults2
- No deductibles and no calendar year maximums
- Specialty care available with a referral from your dental provider
- Virtually no claim forms
Get complete 2014 dental health plan details (PDF, 225KB)
If you have any questions, contact your agent or call (888) 568-3560, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, excluding holidays, to speak with a Blue Shield representative.
Whether you're a Blue Shield individual and family plan member or not, there is a Blue Shield dental plan that's right for you. Plans are available to everyone of all ages living in California.3
1Dental providers in California are available through the contracted dental plan administrator.
2 Orthodontic services have a fixed patient copayment and don’t apply to the calendar-year benefit maximum. Orthodontic treatment is limited to one full case during the lifetime of the member and consists of 24 continuous months of usual and customary orthodontic care. Full case fee includes consultation, treatment plan, tooth movement and retention. Orthodontist may charge members separately for records, limited to $250 per case. Treatment beyond 24 months is the responsibility of the patient.
3 To be eligible for enrollment, you must be a California resident at the time of enrollment. If you had a Blue Shield IFP dental plan or a dental + vision package canceled, you must wait 6 months from the date of cancellation before you can reapply.