Blue Shield of California Medicare has two pharmacy network types:
- If you are enrolled in Blue Shield TotalDual Plan (HMO D-SNP), Blue Shield Inspire (HMO D-SNP) in Fresno, San Joaquin, and Stanislaus counties, or Blue Shield Coordinated Choice Plan (HMO), you have access to all of the pharmacies in our network. Your cost-share will be the same regardless what pharmacy you use.
- If you are enrolled in any other Blue Shield of California Medicare Advantage or Prescription drug plans, your pharmacy network includes pharmacies that offer standard cost-sharing and pharmacies that offer preferred cost-sharing. You may go to either, but your cost may be lower at pharmacies with preferred cost-sharing.
Pharmacies that offer preferred cost-sharing with Blue Shield of California Medicare
Call (877) 932-7948 [TTY: 711] to find a location near you.
Call (800) 955-2292 [TTY: 711] to find a location near you.
You do not need to be a Costco member to use Costco pharmacies.
CVS Pharmacy at Target
Call (800) 865-6647 [TTY: 711] to find a location near you.
Call (888) 437-3496 [TTY: 711] to find a location near you.
|Safeway and Vons pharmacies
Call (877) 723-3929 [TTY: 711] to find a location near you.
Call (800) 925-6278 [TTY: 711] to find a location near you.
Search for a pharmacy in your area. Enter your ZIP code or address, city, and state. The Pharmacy Locator search results will display the closest in-network pharmacies.
If you are enrolled in Blue Shield TotalDual Plan (HMO D-SNP), Blue Shield Inspire (HMO D-SNP) in Fresno, San Joaquin, and Stanislaus counties, or Blue Shield Coordinated Choice Plan (HMO):
You can also download a pharmacy directory here:
- Blue Shield TotalDual Plan (HMO D-SNP) (in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and San Diego Counties), Blue Shield Inspire (HMO D-SNP) (in Fresno, San Joaquin, and Stanislaus counties), Blue Shield Coordinated Choice (HMO) (in Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside, Santa Clara, Fresno, Merced, San Joaquin and Stanislaus Counties) network pharmacies:
All other Blue Shield Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plan plan members:
Identify preferred pharmacies by checking if the listing says Preferred in the Pharmacy Type / Additional services column of your search results.
You can also download a pharmacy directory here:
- Download list of Medicare Advantage – Prescription Drug Plan pharmacies
- Download list of Prescription Drug Plan pharmacies
If you want a pharmacy directory mailed to you, please call (855) 203-3874 [TTY: 711] or email MemberSvcs@blueshieldca.com.
If you need help selecting a participating pharmacy, or would like to inquire about the most current pharmacy network information, please call Customer Care at the number on your Member ID.
Get an extended day supply of your prescription
Your Blue Shield Medicare plan covers an extended day supply (90 or 100 days, depending on your plan) of your maintenance medication at all network pharmacies, including CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy™. Maintenance medications are those prescribed to treat a chronic or long-term medical condition, such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol, and are taken on an ongoing, regular basis to maintain health. Ask your doctor for an extended day supply prescription.
If your plan offers preferred cost-sharing, you may save money if you fill the prescription at a preferred cost-sharing pharmacy, which includes select retail pharmacies and the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy™.
Mail service pharmacy
Filling your prescription through a mail service pharmacy
Have your maintenance medications delivered to your home or office through CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy with no charge for shipping or delivery. Log in to your Blue Shield of California member account at blueshieldca.com/login. You can also call CVS Caremark® at (866) 346-7200 [TTY: 711].
Download an order form
Specialty pharmacies are available to all Blue Shield of California Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan members. Your doctor may call or fax your prescription to any specialty pharmacy in our network, including CVS Specialty™ pharmacy.
Blue Shield of California’s pharmacy network includes very limited lower-cost, preferred pharmacies in certain counties within California. The lower costs advertised in our plan materials for these pharmacies may not be available at the pharmacy you use. For up-to-date information about our network pharmacies, including whether there are any lower-cost preferred pharmacies in your area, please call the Customer Care number on your ID card, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, from October 1 through March 31, and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., weekdays (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday), from April 1 through September 30 or consult the online pharmacy directory at blueshieldca.com/medpharmacy2021.