You can use the drug pricing tool links below to estimate how much your outpatient prescription drugs may cost.
If you already have pharmacy benefits through Blue Shield
If you are an existing Blue Shield member with a plan that includes outpatient prescription drug benefits, access the drug pricing tool to view exact drug costs specific to your current plan:
- Log in to Blue Shield
- Go to Pharmacy under the Benefits tab1 and scroll down to Your pharmacy resources
- Go to the pharmacy resources site to access the drug pricing tool
If you are interested in enrolling in a Blue Shield plan that offers pharmacy benefits2 and you have:
- Coverage on your own (through an Individual & Family Plan, including Covered California) or
coverage through the small business you work for
- Coverage through an employer or group plan
This tool will also show you how much you could save if your employer group chooses the Rx Spectrum pharmacy network. The Rx Spectrum pharmacy network offers preferred member cost sharing for prescriptions at select participating retail pharmacies. Retail pharmacies with preferred cost sharing will be noted as “Preferred” in the drug pricing tool and includes pharmacies such as CVS, CVS Pharmacy at Target, Costco, Safeway and Vons.
- If you are an existing Blue Shield member who does not currently have outpatient prescription drug benefits in your plan, you will not be able to see or access Pharmacy.
- Important Note: This drug pricing tool is not designed to provide drug coverage information. See drug formulary information here. The drug pricing links above provide drug cost estimates based on Blue Shield’s most popular plans. Your actual drug costs may differ depending on the plan you or your employer select. Refer to your Summary of Benefits document to calculate your true drug cost.
- This estimate is based on a common plan design using the Blue Shield Standard Drug Formulary, and the Rx Ultra pharmacy network, which is available for Individual & Family Plans (including Covered California), and Small Business employers.
- This estimate is based on a common plan design using the Blue Shield Plus Drug Formulary, and the Rx Spectrum pharmacy network, which is available for Large Group and select Small Business employers.