Total health, made easy
At Blue Shield, we understand how important it is for your employees to have trusted total care.
Our Specialty business offers you value-based packages that ensure your employees’ health needs are covered and protected.
Employer groups are seeing real benefits by adding dental, vision, and life insurance coverage to their medical offerings, leading to lower overall cost of health care (COHC), fewer missed days, and a healthier workforce.
Oral health can have a significant impact on a person’s general health in the long term.
People with dental issues are:
- 25% more likely to suffer from heart disease
- 2x as likely to visit the ER or have a hospital stay
- More likely to suffer from autoimmune disorder, anemia, gastro-intestinal disorders, or renal disease
Regular eye exams are part of a holistic approach to early detection and preventive care.
People with vision issues
- Spend 40-90% more overall on health care costs than others of their generation
- Are more likely to suffer from a neurological condition, autoimmune disease, stroke, renal failure, and/or diabetes
- May lose up to 2+ years of healthy life from a serious vision or eye condition
Having life insurance can help reduce stress and improve a member’s overall mental health.
- 49% of millennial consumers shop for life insurance when facing life events like marriage and buying a house
- 70% of households said they would have trouble covering everyday living expenses after several months if the primary wage earner died
- 40% of households with children under 18 would face immediate financial trouble if the primary wage earner died today