Your face-to-face connection to specialty care across California
Virtual Care gives Blue Shield PPO members a faster, more convenient way to access specialist care. See a specialist without the time, cost, and stress of traveling to a far away appointment.
This special collaboration between Blue Shield and Adventist Health uses interactive video conferencing technology to provide high-speed access to specialist care and services for Blue Shield of California PPO members who live in remote and urban areas.
Blue Shield PPO members, including those who purchased coverage through Covered California, can seek specialty care in their areas through the Virtual Care network.
Your Virtual Care visit
- Virtual Care is guided by a care coordinator who allows you to see and talk with a specialist in real time
- Features specialized telemedicine video conferencing that includes a high-definition camera, diagnostic scopes, and a vital signs monitor to send accurate images and sound readings
- Provides integrated and coordinated care across your care team
- Ensures privacy with a highly secure encrypted connection
- Provides specialist care without having to travel
- Covers specialist visits as a network benefit regardless of the clinic location
Virtual Care providers and locations
Virtual Care specialists are Adventist Health physicians who are contracted within the Blue Shield of California network. Your personal physician can refer you to a provider, or you may refer yourself. The cost to see a telemedicine specialist is the same as the specialist copay amount on a patient's plan.
Virtual Care sites include these specialities
- Infectious diseases