It is important to make your monthly payment on time to avoid cancellation of your plan. You have several convenient options to make your payment:
Log in to your blueshieldca.com account and click View Payment Center under ”Monthly premium,” or select Billing and payments from the blue bar at the top of your screen.
Accessing your bill details online
Log into blueshieldca.com and select Billing & Payments from the blue bar at the top of your screen. You will have the option to “Save PDF” or “Print Bill”. Both options will allow you to view your bill details including the below:
- Group Number
- Subscriber Number
- Account Number
- Covered Members
- Billing Details
- Credits and Debits
You can pay your health coverage premium automatically from your checking or savings account, or with your debit card. This online tool is fast, convenient, and free. You’ll never worry about being late or missing a payment.
Follow these steps to sign up for AutoPay.
- Go to blueshieldca.com and log in or register for your online account using your member ID number.
- Once logged in, select Billing and payments in the blue navigation bar. This will bring you to the Billing and payments page.
- Click Set up auto payment under the "Pay my bill" button. You may also choose Set up or modify auto payment under "What would you like to do?" This will bring you to the AutoPay screen.
- Click the AutoPay tab.
- Click the Add New AutoPay button.
- Choose a start date and end date, if needed.
- Select the account that you want to pay with by clicking on the drop-down arrow. This will display the accounts you created in your Wallet. Then click Add to choose this payment source.
- If you have not created your Wallet, you may enter your account information on this screen and check the box next to "Add to Wallet."
- Review the email address where you would like to have confirmations and other communications sent. Then click Save. You will receive a confirmation email upon enrollment in AutoPay.
You are now enrolled in AutoPay, and it will be effective within one to two billing cycles.
Pay by mail
Use the payment stub that is attached to your monthly bill, write your account number as noted below on your check or money order, and send the stub with your payment to one of the following address:
Blue Shield of California
P.O. Box 54530
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0530
Note about your account number: To get your account number, combine the group number and subscriber number from your payment stub.
If your group number is: A12345
And your subscriber number is: B6789
Then your account number to write on your payment is: A12345B6789
Pay by phone
Call the number on the back of your Blue Shield member ID card or on your bill to use the automated phone service to pay your bill. You may also speak with a customer service to make a payment.
Pay through your bank
You can use your bank’s Bill Pay service. Follow your bank’s online instructions to set up Bill Pay and be sure to enter the correct Blue Shield account number and mailing address found on your bill. (Refer to "Pay by mail" for mailing address and account number details.)
Changes or problems with your bill
You can find answers to frequently asked billing questions below. If you have other questions about paying your bill, you can call the number on the back of your Blue Shield member ID card or on your bill.
How do I cancel my AutoPay or automatic payments?
If you decide you no longer want to use automatic payments, you can cancel the autopay service and pay by mail, phone, online, or your bank’s Bill Pay service.
Follow these steps to cancel your automatic payments.
- Go to blueshieldca.com and log in or register for your online account.
- Once logged in, select Billing and payments in the blue navigation bar. This will bring you to the Billing and payments screen.
- Under “What would you like to do?”, click Set up or modify auto payment.
- This will take you to the AutoPay screen where you will find the accounts you have set up for auto payment. Select Cancel.
- A pop-up screen will appear asking if you are sure you want to cancel AutoPay for this account. Click Yes.
- A confirmation screen will appear, and you will receive a confirmation email.
Your automatic payments are now cancelled.
What do I do if my payment has cleared my bank but is not showing up in Blue Shield's payment history?
If your payment has cleared your bank, but is not seen in your payment history with Blue Shield, please get a copy of your cashed check or bank statement showing proof of the processed payment and then call the Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card or on your bill.
The automatic payment for my plan has not been withdrawn from my account. Has my plan been cancelled?
If you signed up for automatic payment and your payment has not been withdrawn from your account, please call the Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card or on your bill.
What are the most recent changes to the Medicare Supplement bills?
Medicare Supplement billing statements for Plan G Extra and Plan F Extra issued 7/15/2020 and after will display a separate line item for Extra benefits. The purpose of this addition is to show members the portion of the total premium due that is attributed to the Extra benefits. Members are required to pay the Total Amount Due as indicated on their billing statement. The total includes the medical benefit premium and the Extra benefit premium. You can find more details on the SB 407 changes at this link
If you still have any questions about paying your bill, call the number on the back of your Blue Shield member ID card or on your bill.