To encourage employees to commit to living a healthy lifestyle, Blue Shield of California offers several incentives and programs.
By participating in pre-specified health requirements, such as free biometric screenings and wellness assessments, employees can earn:
- Health Day Off. This is a day off for employees to use to relax and rejuvenate.
- Medical Plan Contribution Discount. Employees can earn a discount on their medical plan premium.
- Onsite and online weight-management classes. Blue Shield will reimburse up to $200 annually for employee participation in these classes.
- A health coach to help employees develop a plan to get started on their wellness journey.
- NurseHelp 24/7 - a 24 hour help line where employees can get advice from a registered nurse.
- LifeReferrals 24/7 - 24 hour access to expert advice on financial, legal, emotional matters and much more.
- Healthy Lifestyle Rewards - provides tools, assessments, journals, articles and resources to help employees get and stay healthy.